Welcome Instapundit readers! While you're here, hit the home page for a few trucks you might find even more interesting. Thanks.
International showed up in Chicago with their new International MXT, part of their high end image line of XT pickups that also includes the CXT and RXT.
International press release follows:
International Truck and Engine, a Navistar company, is marking the 100th anniversary of its first truck by unleashing a truck that is re-defining image pickup trucks. The production model International® MXT™ 4x4 pickup and a new special edition, the International® MXT™ Limited, are being showcased at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show.
Geared toward those who want to make a powerful statement and demand exclusivity, the International MXT provides a balanced blend of head-turning looks and jaw-dropping performance. Its sleek, yet imposing presence gives the MXT the boldest appearance on the road. With a 300-horsepower International® V-8 engine, 530 lb. ft. of torque and a chassis capable of towing 7 ¾ tons, the MXT offers performance to be reckoned with. In fact, the MXT stands out from the crowd with a unique combination of power, styling and 4x4 capabilities. It is a perfect compliment to International’s other pickup trucks, the International® RXT® Hauler and International® CXT®.
International’s first truck was built in 1907 at McCormick Works in Chicago. One hundred years later, International is unveiling its latest version at McCormick Place in the same city where it all began.
The MXT was originally displayed at the Chicago Auto Show in 2005 as a concept vehicle. Since then, the MXT has undergone extensive engineering and testing to provide the comfort and amenities of a luxury interior with a stylish, visually arresting exterior. In fact, the presence of the MXT at last year’s Chicago Auto Show generated a waiting list of potential buyers for the MXT. Those buyers, and new potential buyers, no longer have to wait now that the MXT is available for order.
The International MXT features:
* Engine: International® 6.0L V8 Diesel
* Seating: Driver and Passenger Premium Leather Front Seats, 3-Passenger Leather Rear Bench Seat
* Brakes: Hydraulic with 4-Channel ABS
* Payload Capacity: 2 Tons
* Chassis Towing Capacity: 7 ¾ Tons
* Wheels/Tires: 20-Inch Alloy Wheels/Pro Comp 40/13.5R20 Tires
* Transmission: Allison® 2200 RDS 5-Speed Automatic
* Fuel Tank: 40-Gallon Capacity
* Exterior Package: MXT Sport Exterior (Standard) Including Power Heated Mirrors, Chrome Front Bumper with Tow Hooks, Aluminum Cab Steps
* Electronics: Optional CD/DVD Player, 6.5-Inch Mounted Touch Screen with DVD Navigation and Back-up Camera; 10-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
The International MXT Limited is an upgraded version of the base model that targets an audience that desires an even greater level of exclusivity in their products. The MXT Limited offers features that other pickup trucks don’t offer. The MXT Limited includes:
* Diamond Wire Mesh Grill
* Red Burl Wood Grain Interior Accents
* 4 Captain’s Chair Seating Configuration Featuring 6 Way Adjustable Seats with Self Leveling Armrests
* Hand-Stitched Leather Around the Steering Wheel and Custom Leather Appointments
* Plush Pile Full-Cab Carpeting
* Ivory-Faced Sport Gauges
* Eclipse CD/DVD Player with 6.5-Inch Dash-Mounted Touch Screen
* DVD Navigation
* Back-Up Camera
* Overhead LCD with Built In DVD Player
* 2 Front Mounted 6.5-Inch Speakers, 2 Rear Mounted 6.5-Inch Speakers, 6 Channel Amplifier, and Subwoofer
* 2 Seatback Mounted LCD Monitors
* Sony Playstation 3 Gaming Console
In addition to the production version MXT and the MXT Limited, International is showcasing the International RXT Hauler, a fifth wheel version of the RXT that can better accommodate trailers for equestrian, boating, RV and motorsports markets, and the International CXT, the world’s largest production pickup truck. The MXT, RXT, and CXT form the International® XT Family of trucks. The CXT and RXT Hauler are powered by MaxxForceTM diesel engines, reflecting the company’s strong history of leadership in mid-range diesel engines. The diesel engines include EPA-compliant emissions standards that keep the exhaust below federal limits. Today's diesel engines use 60 percent less fuel per mile than comparable gasoline or natural gas engines and are delivering increasing levels of environmental performance.
With the International XT Family, the company is enhancing its target for the “image truck market” – customers who purchase trucks to create an image about themselves and their business. Built on commercial truck platforms, with luxurious interior options like leather seats, they provide the power, performance and prestige that many truck customers want.
The starting estimated MSRP of the MXT is $89,500. The MXT Limited will be available for sale later in 2007.